Friday, March 5, 2010

I love color!

I'm in the throes of yet another redecorating frenzy. This time I was inspired by a second-hand chair I stumbled on in a thrift store. It looks like it was made just for my house. I really went nuts with the yellow and orange, and played up the already significant whimsical aspect of my decor. Yes, I know it's kitschy – that’s by design. I’m kind of a kitschy person :)







I made this mushroom-style footstool from a cheap plastic bucket and a pre-cut round piece of wood from the home improvement store.



One day I was helping my mom trim her crepe myrtle tree, and I thought there had to be something I could do with the cool, organic looking branches. So I stuck one in a pot and covered it with cheap craft store stuff :)









This chandelier started out as a plain white thrift store chandelier. It's the height of kitsch, but I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment